Join us at the Instructor/Trainer Skills Conference at the San Luis in Galveston, Nov. 8-9, 2023, for a 2-day conference and expo packed with actionable sessions, impactful forum interaction, valuable best-practice sharing, powerful networking & the latest in industry trends & expectations!
Who should attend? Process Technology Learning Professionals, including:
- Industry Trainers
- Industry Managers
- College Decision Makers
- Process Technology Instructors
The Instructor/Trainer track includes interactive sessions on essential topics including:
- Project-based Learning for Technical Competency
- Process Equipment Nomenclature/Distillation Basics
- Teaching Methods & Skills for the Classroom and Lab
- Lesson Plan Creation with Hands-On Activities
- Soft Skill Development & Implementation
- Establishing Culture -How is it established? Who is responsible?
- Layering & Application of Knowledge
- Process Safety Management
- Using Simulators Productively to Teach & Train
- Encouraging Student Success
The Industry Management/College Decision Makers track includes collaborative interaction on key focus areas including:
- Industry/Education Partnership – What Good Looks Like
- Staffing & Retention – Who Do You Hire? How Do You Train Them? How Do You Fill Knowledge Gaps?
- Setting Expectations for Staff/Students & Encouraging Student Success
- Establishing Culture – How is it established? Who is responsible?
- Importance & Application of Leadership in a College Setting
- Externships in Industry for Instructors
Group Forum topics will include:
- 8 Core PTEC Courses: Good-to-Know/Need-to-Know
- Brainstorming Session on Knowledge Gaps: Where are We Missing the Ball?
- Industry Panel on Trends with Recent PTEC graduates & Important Skills/Qualities
- How Do You Measure Success (Outcomes)?